Make some of the best travel decisions with Delta Airlines Reservations. Be the first one to be notified, be the first one to avail of cheap flight tickets, cheap offers, discounts, and endless travel solutions with Delta Airlines.
Here are 11 some of the most interesting facts about Nevada you haven’t heard before:
- Nevada is located in the Western United States bordered by Oregon, Idaho, California, Arizona, and Utah.
- The word Nevada means snow-covered which came from the Spanish word Nevada.
- Nevada is the seventh most extensive and the 32nd most populated region in the United States.
- Carson is its capital city and is officially called the Silver State owing to the huge prevalence of silver in the economy.
- Nevada has also been named as the Battle Born State after achieving the statehood during the Civil War and also as the Sagebrush state and as the Sage Hen State for the native plant of the same name.
- Nevada is a semi-arid and a large desert dominated the region with 86% of the state’s land managed by the jurisdictions of the US Federal government.
- Nevada was initially inhabited by the American Indians of Shoshone, Washoe, Paiute tribes before the European contact.
- Nevada was introduced as the 36th state in the United States and the second of two states was added into the Union during the Civil War.
- Nevada is the 4th largest gold producing region in the world.
- Some of the most popular tourist attractions in Nevada include the Las Vegas Strip, Bellagio Hotel and Casino, Hoover Dam, Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, Valley of Fire State Park, etc.
- Around 68 regions have been designated as a wilderness area, these regions protect around 6,579,014 acres under the National Park Service and the Bureau of Land Management. For more travel solutions and more assistance, you can visit the Delta Airlines Official Site today.